Signed in as:
Signed in as:
There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
December Greetings! The first snow of the season has fallen. Blowing winds are bone chilling. Colourful light displays on homes in neighbourhoods throughout the city help chase away the winter darkness. It’s December and “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.” Wherever you are, and however you celebrate with family and friends during this “happy holidays” month, may your heart be filled with the joy and wonder of the season.
Merry Christmas! ~
Jane Van Patter President, Woodstock-Oxford Women’s Probus Club
IT’S NOT TOO LATE!!!
If you haven’t already purchased your ticket for our Christmas banquet at the Elm Hurst Inn on December 13th, you can still get one for yourself, and a guest if you wish.
For those of you with tickets, a reminder that the bar opens at 11:30, lunch will be served at 12:00. Come prepared to enjoy the fun!
Margaret Webber shared a bit about herself in the Getting to Know You part of the meeting and Sharron Poole entertained us with tales of her bike ride across Canada to raise funds for childhood cancer research.
We welcomed Shirley McRitchie as the newest member of our Probus club
Please speak to any member of the Management Team if you are interested in helping on any of the committees. We are also still looking for someone to step up to take on the role of Vice-president.
Elmhurst Inn and Spa
Wednesday December 13th 2023
11:30 to 2:30 pm
Cash Bar opens at 11:30
Lunch served at 12:00
Festive Lunch Buffet: Includes: soup, cold table with an assortment of salads, breads cheeses and more. Hot table with oven roasted turkey and all the trimmings, honey glazed ham or roast beef, hot vegetarian pasta dish, dessert, coffee and tea
Cost $50.00 Tax and tip are included in this cost.
Guests are welcome to attend!
This will be a fun event with interactive entertainment and something for everyone! Plan to attend and enjoy a yummy festive dinner, lively conversation with our Probus members and a few surprises, all in the spirit of Christmas!
Tickets will be on sale at the November Probus meeting.
Payment: Cash or cheque or Direct Deposit to: firstname.lastname@example.org (you can do this right now!)
For additional information or to reserve a ticket if you are unable to be at the November meeting, contact SharronPoole:email@example.com- phone 519 533-8964 or
Judy Hollinger: firstname.lastname@example.org – phone 519-535-0241
The deadline for purchasing your ticket is December 8th.
Greeters: MaryLynn Hinnegan and Geri Shearer
General Meeting: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 10 AM at South Gate Centre
Getting to Know You: Margaret Webber
Speaker: Sharron Poole will share her story about being one of the 36 riders in the Sears National Kids Cancer Ride – what it was like to be part of this team and the challengers of riding in a peleton formation. It will be interactive!
1. When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.
2. To me, "drink responsibly" means don't spill it.
3. Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 pm is the new midnight.
4. It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.
5. The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
6. When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.
7. I remember being able to get up without making sound effects.
8. I had my patience tested. I'm negative.
9. Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.
10. If you're sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and say, "Did you bring the money?" 1
11. When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.
12. I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.
13. I run like the winded. 1
4. I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don't know whose side I'm on. 1
5. When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"
16. When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?
17. I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.
18. When I ask for directions, please don't use words like "east or west or north or south
19. Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.
20. Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.
21. My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb.
Copyright © 2018 Woodstock Probus - All Rights Reserved. This directory is COPYRIGHT, is only for use of Probus members and can NOT be used for business purposes or as a commercial mailing list. It should not be made available to anyone else to use for commercial purposes UNLESS PERMISSION IS GIVEN IN WRITING BY PROBUS CENTRE - CANADA, INC. PROBUS is a registered Trademark of PROBUS CENTRE - CANADA, INC.
Webmaster: Christine Hannon