Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Come share your stories, memories and, or a laugh to lift our Spirits! send to Bob AXON email@example.com TO BE PUBLISHED HERE,
I will always remember our voyage to ANTARCTICA in January 2023!
14 days of amazing experiences and surprises, Bob and Keri AXON!
WE sailed the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS from Buenos Aires, Argentina to
Falkland Islands then across the windy Drake Passage. We toured 4 days along the Antarctic Peninsula then sailed north to Santiago, Chile.
- an ice-covered continent only discovered 150 years ago Choose any or all for your personal use!
- million year old volcanic rock continent twice the size of Australia
-150 km wind and waves 12 metres high in the Drake Passage
- 6 different varieties of penguins inhabit the rocky shores
- icebergs composed of 1o,ooo year old blue ice
- massive calving glaciers and floating ice sculptures
- amazing stories of heroism about earlier explorers Penguins
- Humpback Whales, Orcas, Seals and walruses were spotted often
- Surrounded by the cold and vicious Southern Ocean
- Visitors other than wildlife are very rare
- Visitors other than wildlife are very rare across the company. This is a good place to talk about that.
1. When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.
2. To me, "drink responsibly" means don't spill it.
3. Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 pm is the new midnight.
4. It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.
5. The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
6. When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.
7. I remember being able to get up without making sound effects.
8. I had my patience tested. I'm negative.
9. Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.
10. If you're sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and say, "Did you bring the money?"
11. When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.
12. I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.
13. I run like the winded.
14. I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don't know whose side I'm on.
15. When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"
16. When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?
17. I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.
18. When I ask for directions, please don't use words like "east or west or north or south
19. Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.
20. Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.
21. My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb.
Copyright © 2018 Woodstock Probus - All Rights Reserved. This directory is COPYRIGHT, is only for use of Probus members and can NOT be used for business purposes or as a commercial mailing list. It should not be made available to anyone else to use for commercial purposes UNLESS PERMISSION IS GIVEN IN WRITING BY PROBUS CENTRE - CANADA, INC. PROBUS is a registered Trademark of PROBUS CENTRE - CANADA, INC.
Webmaster: Christine Hannon